Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Victory!

Today was a small victory for me.  After months of trying to get a stripped screw out (see my Stripped post), I finally got it out!  I went and bought some Vice Grips, something every girl needs in her toolbox, and a screw extractor.  I was told by the nice man at the hardware store that my epoxy idea was a no go, so I had to listen to him...Deep in my heart I really wanted to try it one more time, but I spared myself the anger...Anyways, Greg took the kids to the park after dinner tonight and I marched myself right upstairs with those vice grips (still in my dress, I might add) and busted out.  I think the key was to make the crib sides a little more level.  Once I wedged something in there to make it level, it started turning.  It was hard at first but once I got one good turn in there I knew it was going to come out.  I was sooo excited!  I immediately texted numerous people to tell them of my accomplishment, and then posted a picture of that damn screw on facebook.  It made me feel like I defeated Malificent, and saved the kingdom...Ok, maybe not that much, but still.  Now we can move on with our lives.  The crib can be passed on, along with all my other baby gear that I will no longer need (please pause for a moment while I sob), and we can turn the play room into something other than a holding pen for all the junk I gathered up.

Another victory...I went to Banana Republic at lunch today.  I found some great stuff on the sale rack, with an additional 25% off.  Awesome!  I found a great navy blazer, and got a lesson from the ladies in the dressing room about how stuff really fits me.  I tend to wear clothes one size too big...In case you didn't know, they are currently giving you 25.00 in Banana credit for every 50.00 you spend.  Of course they are pretty hard core about the rules of cashing those babies in, but I know I will make it work somehow!

And it can't all be triumphant...As I was chatting with my brother on the phone this evening, I was trying to multi-task and give Katie a bath at the same time.  As I bent over to wash her hair my Blackberry fell right in the tub.  Damn!  I dried it out right away but none of the keys are working yet.  I'll give it until tomorrow, but if it isn't working by then, I will be at Verizon for lunch...

PS - The screw extractor was useless, and as far as I can tell it is a myth that those things really work!

No comments:

Post a Comment